Our statewide Freading account is ready to use! This is available right now for all patrons and staff to begin using. The direct link to instructions is:
Notes about Freading:
- Access to Freading to check out books is only through the Kansas Library Card portal. Log in there, and you’ll see the Freading link (3rd from the top).
- All books on Freading are “always available.” There are no holds. Circulation is limited by tokens—you may spend your weekly allotment of tokens as you wish. We do not pay for unused tokens. For more about tokens check out this page. State Library patrons get a total of 5 tokens a week.
- On your computer (Windows & Mac), Freading uses Adobe Digital Editions to read and transfer books.
- On your mobile device, there is a Freading app to read the books you checkout from the website.
- Kindle Fires can use the Freading Android app!!!!
- Only thing not finished on the instructions pages are the videos. Lianne hopes to get these done as soon as possible this week.
Information about tokens and the Freading website
Freading’s FAQ’s (the Kindle Fire directions can be found here)