Welcome to 12 Things SWKLS!
Over the next 12 months, we’ll be learning a new thing or technology skill each month. For those of you that participated in 23 Things Kansas this program will be similar, but we’ll only have one topic or thing per month. All of the topics will be online on the SWKLS website.
Each lesson will be posted online on the first day of the month starting in May. You’ll have until the last day of the month at 11:59 pm central time to complete each lesson and receive 2 hours credit.
Who can participate?
Any SWKLS library staff member
What’s in it for you?
- You can work at your own pace
- You can pick and choose which lessons you want to complete
- You can receive 2 credit hours for completing each lesson
- If you complete 12 lessons or things on time you will be entered into grand prize drawings at the end.
- You could win a $10 or $20 gift cards from places like Staples, Pizza Hut, or Dillons.
- A large grand prize, to be announced, will also be available.
- You can complete as many things or lessons as you want (only those who complete all 12 at the end of each month will be entered in the grand prize drawings)
- You’ll get to learn lots of new things
- You’ll get to participate with other SWKLS libraries
- Not interested in learning the thing for the month? We’ll also have alternate lessons or things you can choose.
- You’ll have fun as you learn!
Examples of things that will be covered (these may change):
- Google Forms (can use for Summer Reading signup, ILL forms, program signup, etc)
- Tips for keeping your library website up to date
- VERSO Patron Account
- Digital Audiobooks through the State Library
- eBooks through State Library
Take me to: