Taken from an email from Candace LeDuc, Communications Coordinator, State Library of Kansas
Save the Date: November 11-17, 2012
What would Kansas be like if there were no libraries? What valuable services do we provide on a daily basis that simply go unrecognized and unappreciated?
The State Library of Kansas needs your help. We’re taking a snapshot of a typical day in the life of Kansas libraries. We need YOUR participation to gather the numbers needed to make this a success. The larger the numbers, the greater the impact. Here’s how to participate:
Pick a day. Email email@example.com which day your library will be participating in SnapShot Day and we’ll get you added to the 2012 Statewide Snapshot Day Calendar.
Download your toolkit. Toolkit contains a five step checklist to get started, comment cards for your patrons, photo consent forms, tally sheets for gaining data, and a flyer displaying the impact we could show with your help! Spanish versions coming soon!
Send us the data and we’ll do the rest. Many of you already track library usage, just send us the data on the particular day and we’ll add it to our statewide numbers. If you need help tracking data, please use our toolkit listed above. The toolkit also contains instructions on submitting data.
|Make Snapshot Day Work for Your Library
• Use the quotes and comments that you collected in your annual report.
• Feature your participation and your customers in your next newsletter.
• Share your results with your board
• Make bold signs with your customer comments and display them throughout the library.
• Welcome new library card holders with your custom handout.
• Send an email blast to your customer list or community contacts featuring customer quotes.
• Let your Friends group know about your participation in Snapshot.
What are your plans for your library and Snapshot Day?