For those of you who have received Nexus 7 tablets there is a system upgrade available. This will take your tablet from Android 4.3 to Android 4.4. Android names its major releases after candy and this most recent version is called KitKat. Version 4.1 was called Jelly Bean.
We recommend installing this update and any other application updates that are coming up your tablets. Notifications about updates usually appear in the upper left hand corner of your device in the notification area. Depending on your device’s settings, applications updates may be installed automatically when you are connected to wifi. System updates usually have to approval first.
To get to your available updates swipe down in the upper left hand corner. This will bring up your notifications and any available updates. If there is a system update available it will show up in the notification area and look similar to the picture below. To install the update tap on it and follow the onscreen instructions. If you do not see a notification for an update it may appear later or may have already been installed. See instructions below
Some notes about the update:
- Your tablet may need to be on awhile before the update will appear.
- You will need an active wireless connection for the update to download and install.
- During installation your device will restart.
- It’s best to install the update on a full charge or while the device is plugged in.
- To check to see if the update is installed swipe down on the upper right hand area of your tablet screen | Go to Settings | and then go to About Tablet.
After the update you may not notice too many changes other than the device sounds. The Android 4.4 site explains the upgrades in more detail. Some of the upgrades are specifically for phones and will not apply to a tablet.
If you have any questions, please let us know.