Today is the official launch day of Zinio for SWKLS libraries who purchased Zinio! Here are some things to help you as your library gets on board.
- We recommend that you feel comfortable with Zinio before you launch it to your patrons. We are offering several training classes over the next month which can be found here: http://workshops.swkls.org/
- We created a Zinio FAQ page that was designed to help you get started. This page was also created so you can easily copy and paste it and add it to your website. If you need help with this, contact Janelle. This page can be found here: http://swkls.org/member-
- You will need to create two (2) accounts to use Zinio for Libraries:One account for the Library portal where you can check out magazines for free. The library portal address is: https://www.rbdigital.com/
southwestkansas/service/zinio/ landing?One account with Zinio.com to read magazines and manage your library online or via the Zinio app on your mobile device.
- In order to be authenticated on the library portal you and your patrons will need to enter your library’s code + library card number. For those of you on VERSO these codes will be the same library codes you use for VERSO. For example patrons from Ashland will enter something similar to this: asci1234 If you aren’t sure what your library code is, contact the SWKLS office and we can help you.
- If you have any problems with any of your patrons codes not working on getting authenticated please contact Charlene or Janelle.
- While the codes patrons enter will need to be in a certain format, they will not be authenticated directly with your patron database. Because of this, patrons who have accounts in bad standing will still be able to create an account in Zinio.
- We also created a Zinio Resources Page with ideas for marketing Zinio in your library as well as links to bookmarks, press releases, and other documents that can be used to promote Zinio.
- The Zinio pages can be found under the Resources and Services Heading on our website, www.swkls.org.
- With Zinio we will be able to run usage stats for each library. The SWKLS office will run these every month and send them out.
Let us know if you have any questions!